Topic: Destriping_Comparisons

Dear Sir,

I was making comparison of displacement measurements using ASTER images (with 5 years temporal gap)
I was trying to measure displacement without destriping and with destriping in order to see its effect on measurements.
It was working with Binlinear and Bicubic resampling methods But Sinc method does not give displacement values when i used correlation image without destripping. Main it was giving undefind values.

May I know the reason?

Best Regards,
Yaseen

Re: Destriping_Comparisons

Dear Yaseen,

As explained in most of our papers and in the user's guide, it's important to use the sinc resampling and not the bi-linear or bi-cubic versions for quantitative results. The bi-linear and bi-cubic resampling are only there for quick visual assessments. The resampling method you chose should have no impact on whether the correlation will work or not. I'm not sure I understand you questions, could you be more explicit and maybe include screen copy of the pbs?

Thank you,
Sebastien

Thank you very Sebastien

I have attached a document in mail describing the effect of Sinc and bilinear method?
When I filter My Sinc results it turns to black and not showing anything visible howere the Bilinear result is normal after filtering. I could not understand why this happened.

Once again thanks for your answers.

Best Regards,
Yaseen

Hi Yaseen,

Check the position and the proper convergence of your GCP and check the quality of your DEM. You're likely to have edge effects if it doesn't cover the whole image.

Sebastien